We, the National Muslim Council for Justice (NMCJ) acknowledge ALLAH (God) as the Sovereign Creator of the universe, Who has entrusted to humanity the right and responsibility to rule over the affairs of the world. We solemnly declare that the foundation of our political positions and the moving principles of our (political) activity are our full submission to the will of ALLAH and acknowledge that Muhammad ibn Abdullah is the Last Messenger of Allah (pbuh). And we find in him the best standard of conduct for the affairs of mankind. We hereby appeal to ALLAH for mercy, aid, comfort, guidance and His protection as we work to restore and preserve this nation as a government of the People, by the People, and for the People.
We commit ourselves to this nation to uphold a leadership of integrity, righteous conduct and moral character, and to administer its tasks with a prudent spirit. We adhere to a moral philosophy that is based upon the Word of ALLAH and the traditions of His beloved Holy Last Messenger (pbuh) and will conform to those standards.
We affirm the principles of inherent individual rights upon which these United States of America were founded and seek to give the Muslims in America a voice in matters crucial to the future of this society. Our primary goal is focused on “the general public good” when participating in local, state and national functions and to that end we believe:
- That ALLAH endows each individual with certain unalienable rights; that among these are the rights to Life, Liberty, Property and the Pursuit of Happiness;
- That the legitimate function of government is to secure these rights through the preservation of domestic tranquility, the maintenance of a strong national defense, and the promotion of equal justice for all;
- That the Islamic principles, values and norms represented by the NMCJ are the proper foundation for personal freedom, national unity, reconciliation, justice, peace, and security; and that they are consonant with the principles of the Constitution of the United States of America.
- That the goal of a multiracial leadership arising from diverse backgrounds, united behind common principles is to bring hope to this nation;
- That critical issues such as poverty, security, housing, education, health care, land ownership, and foreign policy are key elements in our philosophy;
- That a vibrant economy, creating opportunities for all to prosper is an element in our program; and
- That the development of the council can be achieved through the empowerment of grassroots communities and individuals.
Thus, our intent is to call on all faithful, loyal, American Muslims and non-Muslims who love Liberty and have gathered together for the purpose of fulfilling these ideals, and who value their inherent rights, to join with us in the pursuit of these goals and in the restoration of these founding principles.
Let it be Known
ALLAH is our Lord * Muhammad (pbuh) is His Messenger * Islam is our way of life *
The United States of American is our country! * Freedom is our right!